Thursday, October 14, 2010

Southern Accent

For anyone who might wonder why my blog is called Southern Accent there is a pretty simple reason. I have one. From my 1st day of college until now I have heard, "Where are you from? Are you from the South? Did you just move here?" It really isn't as pronounced now but my 1st year of college I heard that at minimum once a week and I was in Montgomery, Alabama! You know it had to be pretty bad. : ) A few times when I lived in South Texas I was accused of being from East Texas because of my accent. Heaven help us.  I hope I never lose it.

I didn't put a ton of thought into the title of this blog. It's mostly just for me and a few friends and family so it probably doesn't matter much anyhow but it means something to me. This song was the 1st thing to come to mind when I thought, "Hmmm, What am I going to call this thing?"  It is probably one of my Top 10 favorites of all time even though I only first heard it a few months ago. This is a link to it in case you care to listen. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Southern Accent. Performed Live in Gainesville, FL in 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ticcOE_0sLw

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog name! I think it's perfect! I also love the fact that you are writing a blog! Very excited to be bloggin' buddies!

    ReplyDelete