Monday, August 29, 2011

Trying to catch up!

Oh my goodness, It has been a while.

My last update was Keric's 4th birthday. Since then we had Grandma's 75th birthday party, Granny came to visit, Thanksgiving, Keric's Christmas show,  and Christmas! That is a lot to cover but I've got to do it. : )

First off, Granny was supposed to come and visit about a month before she actually arrived. She made it as far as the Atlanta airport but had to go back home. Turns out she had pneumonia. We were all super bummed in California but glad that she was able to stay at home and get better. 



Soooo...Fast forward a couple of weeks to November 17th. West coast Grandma, Lois, turned 75! Kurt and I threw a dinner party for her at our  house. It was our first big "fancy" dinner party. It was  a lot of work but the food came out great and everybody had a good time. Kurt smoked a couple of tri tip roasts and I handled all the sides.  Lois was surrounded by lots of friends and family. Keric and Ryan went totally beserk because there were balloons everywhere. What is it with kids and balloons??? I think they thought it was their birthday! They were just running laps with balloons driving everybody crazy!

Lois celebrating her 75th Birthday












 
My Mother-in-Law, Lois, and her friends














Sometime between the party and Thanksgiving, Granny arrived! The boys loved having their Granny around. Especially Keric. When he saw Granny in the morning he would say, "Well Helloo Granny!" as if he hadn't seen her the night before. He would even ask Granny for "neck sugar". For those of you who don't know those are big ol' smooches on the neck. Keric is a fan. We went to the  San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and  Summer's Past Farm.
Granny and Keric at the zoo

Watching a movie with Granny



You name it. Except for the beach. The weather wasn't really cooperating for the beach but we'll go next time. I was so happy to have my Momma here to help me with Thanksgiving. We celebrated at the inlaw's house but we were in charge of the dressing and a homemade cherry pie. It's not the turkey or anything but I feel like the dressing is a big deal. I was really grateful to have my Momma here to show me how to do it right. Thanksgiving 2010 consisted of Kurt and I, Keric, Ryan, my Mom, Alan and Lois, and Uncle Mike. It was nice to have a fairly "quiet" family Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving 2010


I think I am going to save Christmas for another post. There was so much leading up to Christmas this year. With the boys being 2 and 4, Christmas is extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment